Amaranth porridge with peach, passion and pomegranate is a new favourite breakfast. It’s nutritious, has a lovely nutty taste, it’s a good protein source and it’s naturally gluten-free – a perfect way to start the day.
Amaranth take 25 minutes to cook on the stove, so for busy morning soak the raw amaranth in water the night before to reduce the cooking time or cook it completely and reheat in the morning.
Top with fresh seasonal fruit. I have used peach, passionfruit, pomegranate, coconut, bee pollen and chia seeds.
Amaranth Porridge with Peach, Passion and Pomegranate
- 1/2 cup amaranth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Fresh fruit to garnish (peach, passionfruit, pomegranate)
- Rince and drain the amaranth. Add to a saucepan with the water, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Bring to the boil, cover and then simmer for 25 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Add more water if required.
- Once cooked stir through the milk and maple syrup. Top with fresh fruit. I have used sliced peach, passionfruit, pomegranate, coconut, bee pollen, and extra maple.
If you make my amaranth porridge, be sure to take a picture and upload to Instagram with the hashtag #littlebigh so I can check out your creation. xx