Baked fish parcels make a fun weeknight meal. Super easy to prepare and by cooking it in baking paper it is harder to over cook and dry out the fish.
H was pretty excited to get a parcel for dinner. ‘oh that looks nice’ he said – he is my greatest fan…
If serving this to your kids in the bag, poke a hole in the back of the bag to let the steam out before serving – it’s vert hot!
You can use any type of fish but be sure to adjust the cooking time. My barramundi fillets where quite thick in the centre so if using a thin piece of fish, like snapper, cooking time could be as little as 10-12 minutes.
Baked Fish Parcels
- 2 x 200-300g Barramundi Fillets or a fish of your choosing
- 1 lemon; zest + slice lemon for serving
- 1 large tomatoes; sliced
- Chives or your choice of herb
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 200 C / 400 F. Cut off enough baking paper to completely wrap around the fish. Place fish on baking paper and pat dry. Season well and top with lemon zest and the sliced tomatoes, herbs and butter. Wrap the fish so it is sealed and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with parsley and a slice of lemon.
Be careful when opening the bags as the steam is very hot. My little guy likes to open the bag himself, so I cut a whole in the back for the steam to escape and cool before serving to him.