Chia seed pudding is one of the first recipes I posted on this blog. H and I both love it, and I love the convenience of it when served for breakfast. I always make it the night before and it is ready to go in the morning. It is so easy to make and requires no cooking.
I started giving my little guy chia seed pudding when he was about 6 months old. I originally discovered the recipe on ‘A Healthy Mum‘ – a food blog with healthy recipes and tips, and I have been making it ever since.
I have used coconut milk in this version and combined it with berries for a healthy breakfast, snack or dessert. You can find the original recipe here.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- 1 cup berries (fresh or frozen); mashed with a fork
- Extra berries to serve
- Optional* a tablespoon of maple syrup to sweeten
- Add the milk to a mason jar or a container with a lid. Add the chia seeds and vanilla extract, secure the lid and shake straight away so the chia seeds don't clump together. Add the mashed berries and shake again.
- Give it a few more shakes over the next 15 minutes, so the mixture thickens evenly. Leave in the fridge for a few hours or make the night before.
- Serve with extra berries
- I also love the combination of coconut and mango - use whatever fruit is in season
- Sweeten with maple syrup or honey from 12 months old