These corn fritters are perfect as a starter to a main meal or they make a great light lunch or breakfast, just top with a poached egg and you have yourself a quick but healthy meal in a flash.
You could also make them mini sized and serve them as finger food at your next party, topped with smoked salmon and a dollop of creme fraise.
- 1 cup (150g) self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs ,separated
- 2 cups (330g) corn kernels (fresh or frozen are fine. If using frozen let them defrost on the counter before adding to batter)
- 2 green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander + a few extra leaves to garnish
- Sift flour, soda, salt, cumin into a medium bowl. Gradually stir in the milk and the egg yolks unit the batter is smooth. Stir corn, onion, and corridor into batter
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peeks are formed; fold into batter. Pour 2 tablespoons of batter into a heated oiled frying pan. Cook for about 2 minutes each side. Remove from pan and cover to keep warm. Repeat until all the batter is used. Serve garnished with coriander leaves
For the smoked salmon corn fritters. Combine some creme fraise with a little lemon juice. Top corn fritters with some smoked salmon and a dollop of creme fraise. Garnish with coriander leaves
Be sure to take a picture if you make these corn fritters and upload to Instagram with the hashtag #littlebigh so I can check out your creation. xx