Breakfast… I was never into it before having H, but now it is one of mine and Harry’s favourite meals of the day.
It’s always quick to prepare and usually made up of whatever we have in the fridge. It is the one meal I usually let H decide on so regardless of what he decides, I want it to as nutritious as possible.
These healthy poppyseed crepes with fresh berries are just that. They are made using wholewheat flour, eggs, milk, poppyseed and are sweetened just slightly with maple syrup – all good things. Fill them with natural yoghurt and fresh fruit and you have yourself a breakfast (or dessert) on the table in minutes.
Poppyseed Crepes with Fresh Berries
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp poppyseed
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- Coconut oil , for cooking
For the toppings
- Natural yoghurt
- Fresh berries or whatever fruit is in season
- Maple syrup to serve
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Heat a little oil in frying pan over medium heat. Add a 1/4 cup of the mixture and swirl around the pan to coat. Cook or a couple of minutes, flip and cook for another minutes and turn out onto a plate.
- Cover with a tea towel until you have used up all of the mixture. Fill crepes with natural yoghurt and fresh berries, drizzle with maple and serve.
Be sure to take a picture if you make these healthy poppyseed crepes with fresh berries and upload to Instagramwith the hashtag #littlebigh so I can check out your creation. xx