Breakfast… I was never into it before having H, but now it is one of mine and Harry’s favourite meals of the day. It is always quick to prepare and made up of whatever we have in the fridge. It is the one meal I usually let H decide on.
Whatever he decides I like to make it as nutritious as possible. H is always super hungry so I want to get as much goodness into him as I can before. These crepes are on the table in a matter of minutes and they are made up all of good things.
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp poppyseed
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- Coconut oil, for cooking
- Natural yoghurt
- Fresh berries or whatever fruit is in season
- Maple syrup to serve
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Heat a little oil in frying pan over medium heat. Add a 1/4 cup of the mixture and swirl around the pan to coat. Cook or a couple of minutes, flip and cook for another minutes and turn out onto a plate.
- Cover with a tea towel until you have used up all of the mixture. Fill crepes with natural yoghurt and fresh berries, drizzle with maple and serve.