I had never tried Kohlrabi before making this dish. I spotted it at my local organic store and bought two. A purple one and a green one. I googled it when I got home and realised that it is very similar to cabbage.
I am a huge coleslaw fan so I thought I would make a simple slaw for the whole family.
I lightly steamed Little Big H’s and then served it to him that evening cold but it is also very nice warm. Kohlrabi is very high in vitamin C – even more so than oranges!
Above: The lightly steamed version for baby
- 2 Kohlrabi (green & purple - they taste the same)
- 3 Apples (I used pink lady but use any)
- 3 Carrots
- Peal all ingredients. Grate ingredients to a medium coarseness
- For baby - Add a portion to steamer basket and steam for roughly 5 minutes - server warm or cold
- For Mum & Dad - Add some mayonnaise and mustard - server