I had no intention of putting these mini lamb koftas on the blog when I made them for Little Big H’s lunch today, but they were so yummy and he loved them so much that I though – I have to!
I made them using lamb loin (because that’s all I had), so I was thinking that they may turn out to be quite dry or tough, but they were tender and squishy and easy for Big H to chew. You could use lamb mince if you prefer. Serve with greek yoghurt and a little squeeze of lemon – delicious xx
- 250g lamb loin (or you could use lamb mince)
- 2 medium sized carrots
- Coriander - a couple of tablespoons of chopped coriander or to taste
- 1 onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste - or the fresh stuff if you have it
- 1 egg
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread
- A good splash of milk
- Oil for frying (coconut, grape seed oil are great)
- Chop all ingredients roughly and place them in a food processor. Pulse the processor until all the ingredients are finely chopped
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add the oil. Using a teaspoon and your hands form little balls from the mixture and add to the frying pan
- Cook on all sides until nice and golden and they are cooked through
- Grate the carrot and finely chop all other ingredients. You could also try adding meat to a blender to get a fine consistency (or alternatively use lamb mince). Combine and continue with the above steps.
- You could use any veggies in this dish. Zucchini would be great. Also try adding spices like cumin or a mild paprika