Mango-Rooibos Bubble Tea – healthy, easy and perfect for ages 1 – 100….
During my uni days I drank my fair share of bubble tea. It was new to my area at the time and I always ordered it with tapioca and pudding.
My version here is very simple. It’s also healthy, sugar-free and caffeine free so its perfect for toddlers. It is basically mango and pineapple blended with cooled rooibos tea to make a smoothie. If mangos aren’t in season, you could use what ever fruit you like. Add the cooked tapioca pearls and you are done. Enjoy xx
Mango-Rooibos Bubble Tea
- 1 ripe mangos;
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup cooled rooibos tea
- 1 tablespoon of your sweetener of choice (maple syrup / honey / brown rice syrup)
- Handful of ice-cubes
- 1/4 cup black large tapioca pearls
- Add a few cups of water to a saucepan and once boiling add your tapioca pearls. Simmer until the pearls are tender. About 10 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Leave to sit in cold water until you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Add the mango, pineapple and ice to a blender along with the rooibos tea and blend until smooth. Add sweetener to suit your taste.
- Drain and add tapioca pearls to the bottom of your two glasses and top with the smoothie mixture. Serve cold.
Rooibos tea is available from supermarkets and is a great options for kids. Caffeine free
Add extra sweetener to suit your taste