This Mexican black bean salad is super easy and super quick. I’ve used canned beans for convenience. They are the perfect fast food and I always have some in the cupboard ready for a quick side dish or lunch.
I started giving H beans and chickpeas early on and would simply mash them with a fork. He now absolutely love them and will happily eat them straight out of the tin.
When I posted this dish on Instagram one of my lovely followers commented that they thought the yellow was mango. Next time I make this I’m adding mango. How delicious would that be! So go ahead and get creative and add lots of fresh herbs – in my opinion that is what makes this salad extra delicious. Enjoy xxx
- 400 gram tin black beans
- Half a punnet of cherry tomatoes; quartered
- Half a large cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 a large yellow capsicum; chopped
- Large handful of coriander leavers; chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Drain and rinse the black beans. Add to a bowl along with the tomatoes, cucumber, capsicum, and coriander. Combine the dressing ingredients and add to the salad. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Add more cumin to suit, I've kept it mild for the little guy. Chilli would also be a great addition.