I’m super excited to be part of the healthy kids community this week on Instagram. My recipe is this mini egg-free quiche. It’s really simple to make and great for babies and toddlers that have allergic reactions to eggs.
To replace the eggs I have used tofu. Not a tofu fan either? Don’t worry, once cooked it has a very similar texture to egg and with the other filling ingredients it tastes like a traditional quiche.
On the hunt for more egg-free recipes? Follow these talented mamma’s on Instagram for egg-free recipes all week. Plus lots of inspiration and recipes all year round for the little folks in our lives.
Banana chocolate mousse on Monday with Claudia @whatsbabyeating
Sweet potato apple sage hash on Tuesday with Liza @cookingforgrey
Red velvet crepes on Friday with Kat @katsdelicious_kitchen
Finishing with Fluffy egg less pancakes on Saturday with Nikki @myhungrytoddler
- 3 sheets puff pasty
- 1/2 onion
- small handful parsley leaves
- 250 grams medium/firm tofu
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup tasty cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cherry tomatos; halved
- Broccoli; cut into tiny florets
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC / 350ºF. Cut circles in the puff pasty using a 10 cm cutter; Spray muffin tin with oil and push pastry into the tin.
- Remove tofu from the plastic and wrap in a clean tea towel and place something heavy on top to absorb any moisture for a few minutes.
- Place the onion and parsley in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the tofu and blend. Add 1/2 cup milk and blend until smooth. Add the extra milk a little at a time until it is pouring consistency. Season well.
- Stir through the cheese (reserving a little to sprinkle on top). Pour into muffin tin (don't over fill) and push the tomatoes and broccoli into the mixture. Top with the left over cheese.
- Bake for approx 30 - 35 minutes or until the pastry is golden. Allow to cool a little and serve warm.
- Makes 12 mini quiches
- Dont overfill as the tofu mixture will puff up when in the oven.
- Use whatever veggies you have on hand. They are also a great way to use up leftover veggies.