I grew up eating my mums salmon patties and they are a family favourite. They are so comforting and remind me of home.
They are so simple to make and are a great first finger food for little folks. I have make these mini sized so they are easy for H to pick up.
The mixture is cooked so when you put them in the pan you are really only after a nice golden colour. They are also really adaptable so get creative and add coriander, lime, spices or whatever takes your fancy. xx
- 210g tin red salmon
- 2-3 medium sized potatoes (you want about equal quantities of salmon and potato - or adjust to your liking)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbls chopped parsley
- Salt (optional)
- Oil for frying
- Flour to coat patties
- Cook the onion - either steam or toss in the frying pan until tender
- Boil the potatoes in water until also tender; mash
- Combine the cooked onion, mashed potato, salmon, parsley and salt if using, in a bowl
- Form into little patties and toss in flour
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat and cook patties until golden brown.
- All the ingredients are cooked so you are really just trying to achieve a nice golden colour
- Suitable to freeze
- Try adding veggies like broccoli and grated carrot to the mix