H and I had these little pea and broccoli fritters for lunch. They are quick to make and packed full of veggies. They would also be lovely for a light dinner.
I served them with a yoghurt dipping sauce because I know it’s always a winning combination with the little guy. Whatever works right!
The mixture makes 8 good sized fritters but you could go with a mini sized version and freezes what you don’t use to add to lunch boxes or as a quick lunch on the go.
- 200 grams frozen green peas (approx 1 cup)
- 100 grams broccoli florets (about half a head of broccoli)
- 2 eggs; lightly whisked
- handful parsley; finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 35 grams (1/4 cup) quinoa flour (or whatever flour suits)
- Coconut oil for frying
- Greek yoghurt and lemon to serve
- Allow peas to thaw on the bench a little. Add the broccoli to a food processor and pulse until you achieve a rice like consistency. Add the peas and pulse to break them up - just a little.
- Add to bowl with the eggs, parsley, turmeric, lemon zest and flour. Stir to combine.
- Heat oil over medium heat and add a couple of tablespoons of the mixture to the pan. Flatten with the back of your spoon. Allow to cook a few minutes each side until just golden.
- Serve warm with a dollop of yoghurt and a lemon wedge
- Makes 8 medium sized fritters. Make mini fritters and freeze what you don't use for another day.
- If you don't have a food processor you can use a grater for the broccoli or alternative finely chop. Use a fork to break the peas a little.