This quick crispy potato with nigella seeds recipe happened when I was in a bit of a rush. I was going to boil some potatoes but noticed my nigella seed mix sitting there and decided to give my potatoes a quick toss in the pan, with some oil and a tablespoon of the spice mixture – they were delicious. Better than plain old boiled potatoes lets say!
The nigella seeds spice mixture will make more than you need for this recipe, so keep it in a jar and add some to your sautéed veggies, potato salads, tomatoes salads, cous cous, quinoa salads, etc.
- 1 kg chat potatoes (or as many or few as you like)
- 1 tablespoon nigella seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt & pepper
- parsley leaves to serve; roughly chopped
- Wash the potatoes well because we are leaving the skin on. Chop in half and add to a pot of salted water and cook until tender. Drain and set aside.
- While the potatoes are cooking, add the spices to a mortar and pestle and bash/grind until ground.
- Add 1 tablespoons oil to a frying pan over high heat and add the potatoes. Give the pan a toss so the potatoes are evenly browned. Once golden add a tablespoon of the spice mixture and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, serve warm garnished with parsley.
- Serves 4 as a side