Quinoa Granola – It’s a bit of an understatement to say I love this stuff. I’ve made it so many times now and it never lasts very long. I eat it as is with yoghurt for breakfast or as pictured here as a topping for chia pudding. I also love it on top of ice-cream with another drizzle of maple syrup! The toasted quinoa adds a lovely nutty taste and it is super crunchy. I have added currants but you could leave the fruit out or add whatever you like – figs, sultanas, raisins, dates, etc.
It also got a big tick from H – I filmed him making a batch entirely on his own (measurements and all) but my video skills are so bad I decided to photograph it instead!
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (not quick oats)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil; melted
- 1/4 pepitas
- 1 - 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup currants
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C (320 degrees F)
- Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl except for the currants and mix to combine. Add the maple syrup and mix and then the coconut oil and mix straight away to coat the mixture.
- Spread out on a baking try lined with baking paper and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool and add the currant. Keep in an airtight container in the cupboard or fridge (see note)