Quinoa Granola – It’s a bit of an understatement to say I love this stuff. I’ve made it so many times now and it never lasts very long. I eat it as is with yoghurt for breakfast or as pictured here as a topping for chia pudding. I also love it on top of ice-cream with another drizzle of maple syrup! The toasted quinoa adds a lovely nutty taste and it is super crunchy. I have added currants but you could leave the fruit out or add whatever you like – figs, sultanas, raisins, dates, etc.
It also got a big tick from H – I filmed him making a batch entirely on his own (measurements and all) but my video skills are so bad I decided to photograph it instead!
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (not quick oats)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil; melted
- 1/4 pepitas
- 1 - 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup currants
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C (320 degrees F)
- Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl except for the currants and mix to combine. Add the maple syrup and mix and then the coconut oil and mix straight away to coat the mixture.
- Spread out on a baking try lined with baking paper and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool and add the currant. Keep in an airtight container in the cupboard or fridge (see note)
- If using coconut oil and it is cold where you live, it will start to set when it is added to the mixture - so work quickly. Once cooked it will keep in the cupboard but if it is particularly hot where you live, the coconut oil will melt so you may want to keep it in the fridge.