I have been a little obsessed with labneh ever since I made it myself awhile back. You can find the recipe here if you want to give it ago. It’s super simple to make but store bought is fine if you want to skip that step.
Labneh is often served in savoury dishes but this time around I’m using it in a healthy dessert.
This is not a super sweet dessert, the sweetness comes for the figs in the raw base and the ripe peaches. I think its a perfect dessert for the entire family.
Raw peach tarts with sweet labneh
- 4 peaches
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup , honey or your sweetener of choice
- 1 cup labneh - store bought is fine otherwise see my homemade recipe here
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water combined with 1 tablespoon maple - for a quick glaze
For the raw base
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 5 - 6 dried figs
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbls water * only if mixture isn't coming together
For the raw base
- Add the hazelnuts, coconut oil, 3 figs and salt to a food processor and pulse. Add extra figs one at a time until the mixture starts getting stuck on your food processor and you can form a ball. If it is still too dry add a little of the water teaspoon at a time.
- Divide into 4 and press into 4 tart cases. Freeze until you're ready to fill them.
For the toppings
- Combine labneh and sweetener and adjust to suit your taste. Set aside.
- Slice flesh from around the peach and then slice thinly.
- Take tarts from freezer and bang them on the bench (hard) to get them out. Then fill with labneh and top with peaches. Make a little glaze of maple and orange blossom water to brush over the top. Serve immediately
Use 1 peach per tart