I have been making a version of this dish for years. It is a perfect mid-week meal – easy to prepare, super tasty, it all happens in the one pot so there isn’t a lot of clean up, and it’s always a hit.
The spices are balanced beautifully with the sweetness of the currants and the yoghurt – it’s really delicious, I promise! xx
Spiced Lamb Quinoa Pilaf
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 250 g lamb mince (preferably organic)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups stock (beef, chicken or veggie)
- 2 big handfuls of currants
- 250 g punnet of small tomatoes (cherry or grape)
- 2 big handfuls of parsley; roughly chopped
- Natural yoghurt to serve
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and and add the oil, cumin, cinnamon and curry powder. Stir to combine and add the mince. Stir until cooked through. Add the quinoa and stir to coat. Add the stock; bring to the boil. Cover, lower heat to as low as possible and cook for about 12 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked through and the liquid had been absorbed.
- Add the tomatoes and currants; cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir through the chopped parsley reserving a little for garnish; serve with a good dollop of natural yoghurt.