Inspiration for recipes usually come to me when I am wandering through my local green grocer, something usually catches my eye. Sweet mangos, a nice big bunch of the greenest kale or more recently a little guy yelling at the top of his lungs “peach, pe ach, peach, muuuum, peach…..”
This inspiration for this recipe however was stuck to my bulk box of sweet potatoes. Easy. I altered it a lot and the results are delicious. I hope you like it…
H and I eat quite a lot of kale. I tend to cook it and chop it finely and incorporate it into dishes. In this recipe is it left raw and simply torn into pieces and dressed.
H is unlikely to eat it this way but he will try it and thats the main thing. He will eat the sweet potato, onion and he absolutely loves parmesan cheese.
- 4 stalks of kale; leaves roughly torn
- 2 small sweet potatoes; sliced
- 1 onion; chopped
- 60 grams parmesan cheese; shaved
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 bunch parsley; finely chopped
- Heat a frying pan with a little oil and fry the sweet potato until crisp and nicely golden (a couple of minutes each side). Season and set aside
- Saute the onions in the same pan until golden and crispy. Season and set aside.
- For the vinaigrette, add the oil, balsamic and parsley to a small bowl and mix to combine. Add the kale to a bowl and add the vinaigrette. Give it a good toss to coat.
- To assemble your salad add the kale leaves to a serving plate and top with the sweet potato, crispy onions and parmesan cheese. Best serve straight away.
- Serves 4 as a side