Baked ricotta is creamy, lemony, deliciousness. What more can I say! The little dude was a huge fan. He looooooves dips – or possibly the actual dipping itself, but either way he dipped away with gusto.
Serve as a dip at your next party or I love it served with roasted veggies and crusty bread for a lovely vegetarian dinner. Top with either paprika, chilli, thyme, oregano, add another cheese like salty parmesan or serve simply as is.
Make ahead of time and pop it in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Place under the grill until heated through and golden on top.
- 300g good quality fresh ricotta
- zest from 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- sweet paprika
- To serve: crusty bread, mint, prosciutto, figs, etc.
- Place the ricotta in a bowl with the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper to taste. Put mixture into 2 ramekins or oven proof dish. Place under the grill (broiler) in the oven and cook until browed and heated through. It won't take long so keep an eye on it.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sweet paprika. Serve with mint leaves, crusty bread or whatever takes your fancy.
- The little dude and I love the sweet paprika sprinkled on top but you could add chilli and any other herbs and spices you like.