A delicious compote of peach, apples and spices. It is lovely eaten on its own, or we like it on our porridge of a morning.
Freeze in ice cube trays and take portions out as you need them. Compotes are a great why to introduce spices to your little one.
Peach & Apple Compote
- 3 tablespoons butter , ghee, or coconut oil
- 3 apples; chopped into baby bite sized pieces
- 3 peaches; chopped into baby bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2 tablespoons dried fruit (raisins, finely chopped fig or dates) optional
In a frying pan heat the fat on medium low. Add the fruit and sprinkle in all the spices and vanilla. Add dried fruit if using
Stir fruit until it softens and the desired consistency is reached
Best served warm
For younger babies, cook until the fruit is very soft then puree in a blender
Suitable to freeze
My little helper, helping himself to the fruit while helping me in the kitchen!