A delicious compote of peach, apples and spices. It is lovely eaten on its own, or we like it on our porridge of a morning.
Freeze in ice cube trays and take portions out as you need them. Compotes are a great why to introduce spices to your little one.
- 3 tablespoons butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 3 apples; chopped into baby bite sized pieces
- 3 peaches; chopped into baby bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2 tablespoons dried fruit (raisins, finely chopped fig or dates) optional
- In a frying pan heat the fat on medium low. Add the fruit and sprinkle in all the spices and vanilla. Add dried fruit if using
- Stir fruit until it softens and the desired consistency is reached
- Best served warm
- For younger babies, cook until the fruit is very soft then puree in a blender
- Suitable to freeze
My little helper, helping himself to the fruit while helping me in the kitchen!