Big H loves this salad and it is super easy and quick to make. Shelling the broad beans is a little time-consuming but you could use frozen shelled broad bean instead if you like.
Quinoa, Broad Bean and Mint Salad
- 1 cup of Quinoa
- 1 cup of broad beans
- 1 cup of peas
- 1 cup of roughly torn mint leaves
- juice of half a lemon
- olive oil
- salt & pepper *optional for baby
- Cook Quinoa to packet instructions (usually 1 cup of quinoa to 2 cups of water. Bring to the boil then simmer till cooked). Transfer to a large bowl to dry and cool as much as possible. Refrigerate until needed
- Blanch broad beans and peas until tender. Run under cold water to stop cooking process. Keep a 1/4 cup of broad beans and 1/4 cup of peas aside for babies portion, and pulse in a food processor or blender. Then combine with remaining ingredients.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients for the family