This is a really easy fish pie to make and it tastes great… You can make them baby sized like I have and freeze whats left or make one large pie and feed your entire family.
Baby Fish Pies
- 1 salmon fillet - skin off & bones removed (approximately 150 g)
- 1 large tomato
- 1 carrot
- 3 stalks rainbow chard
- 1 lemon
- 4 potatoes
- 2 tbls creme fraise
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F)
- Peel and chop the potatoes; cook on the stove top in boiling water until tender. Once cooked, mash or put through a potato ricer and add a tablespoon or two of butter and a splash of milk. Mix & set aside.
- Blanch the rainbow chard in boiling water and finely chop along with the tomato, parsley and salmon. Grate the carrot and combine all ingredients in a bowl. Add the juice of half a lemon along with the zest, the creme fraise & the nutmeg.
- Add filling to 6 ramekins and top with the potato prepared earlier
- Cook for 40 minutes, serve warm
Suitable to freeze