This is such as a simple salad and could be made with any tomatoes, but these gorgeous heirloom tomatoes were just too beautiful to walk past. As you are all probably aware, I make a lot of dishes with tomatoes! I know H is going to love it and I get so much joy watching him enjoying good food. This salad was no exception. H was ready in his high chair while I was getting the other dishes on the table, and like most nights he likes to serve the salad or vegetable dish. Unfortunate for us (myself and my mum) he had eaten a quarter of the salad and had taken a bite out of all the tomatoes that remained by the time we sat down, and all of the blueberries were gone – it’s a good thing he’s cute!
Heirloom Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
- Heirloom Tomatoes in a variety of colours and shapes
- 1 large Buffalo Mozerella
- Handful of blueberries
- A few parsley leaves; finely chopped
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thickly slice the tomatoes and arrange on a platter. Tear mozzarella in half; place on top of salad. Scatter with blueberries and the chopped parsley.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients; taste and adjust if necessary. Lightly coat the salad and serve