A little bit like a shortbread these delicious little honey and walnut cookies are made using only 5 ingredients and are refined sugar-free.
I have never had much luck with sugar-free cookies but these were an experiment gone right.
They are also super simple to make; you simply beat the butter and honey and add the remaining ingredients. Chill the mixture for 30 minutes and then roll into tiny balls and bake.
The mixture makes enough for two batches so freeze half ready for next time.
Honey and Walnut Cookies (refined sugar-free)
- 250 grams butter softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons orange blossom water *optional
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts + a few extra to put on top packed
- Beat the butter and honey until well incorporated. Add the flour and orange blossom water and mix on low speed until just incorporated.
- Add the walnut and mix again on low until just combined. Halve the mixture, wrap in glad wrap and chill for 30 minutes. Freeze the other half for another time. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F)
- Roll the chilled mixture into small balls (approx a heaped teaspoon) and add to a lined baking tray. Press down just slightly and press the extra walnuts into the top if you wish.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. They will be soft coming out of the oven but will harden once cool.
If you make these honey and walnut cookies, be sure to take a pic and upload to Instagram with the hashtag #littlebigh so I can check out your creation. xx
They sound so simple and look delicious, I love the idea of the orange blossom water, I bet that adds so much flavour!
YUM! These cookies look so delicious! I love the combination of walnuts and honey – so good!
These sound like delicious little cookies! I think my daughter would love them!
Andrea @ The Petite Cook
Aww these look so cute and yummy! Love that they’re SO easy to make, I need to make them soon!
What an AMAZING idea! YUM, these really sound delicious! I can’t WAIT to try this! I bet those flavors are amazing! Love everything about this recipe! THANK YOU!
Unfortunately dry and too sweet
I’m sorry to hear this Ann. I appreciate the feedback.