I have been making a version of this dish for years. It is a perfect mid-week meal – easy to prepare, super tasty, it all happens in the one pot so there isn’t a lot of clean up, and it’s always a hit.
The spices are balanced beautifully with the sweetness of the currants and the yoghurt – it’s really delicious, I promise! xx
Spiced Lamb Quinoa Pilaf
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 250 g lamb mince (preferably organic)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups stock (beef, chicken or veggie)
- 2 big handfuls of currants
- 250 g punnet of small tomatoes (cherry or grape)
- 2 big handfuls of parsley; roughly chopped
- Natural yoghurt to serve
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and and add the oil, cumin, cinnamon and curry powder. Stir to combine and add the mince. Stir until cooked through. Add the quinoa and stir to coat. Add the stock; bring to the boil. Cover, lower heat to as low as possible and cook for about 12 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked through and the liquid had been absorbed.
- Add the tomatoes and currants; cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir through the chopped parsley reserving a little for garnish; serve with a good dollop of natural yoghurt.
Serves 4 as a main
Delightful Mom Food
Connecting from BlogHer… Gorgeous photos and blog! Pinning this one!
Thanks so much lovely. Its always nice to hear feedback from a fellow blogger :)
Tracy @ Served from Scratch
Mmmm lamb in a quinoa pilaf? This sounds sooo good!
Yes and it works so well. I used to make this dish with rice but quinoa is even better. Really delicious. xx
Cindy (Vegetarian Mamma)
I love quinoa and I love how simple this recipe is! Beautiful pictures too!
Thanks so much Cindy. It is super simple and very tasty for not a whole lot of effort – perfect! x
My husband and I both love lamb. I wish I would have seen this blog yesterday because we just had lamb last night….I’m bookmarking this to make the next time we have lamb on the menu.
Thanks Linda, I’d love to know what you think. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. xx
Good simple ingredients pulled together into an interesting dish. What’s not to love?
Thank you Germaine, I love this dish. xx
Tara | Deliciously Declassified
Yum! This looks exotic but so easy to prepare – definitely want to try this although it will be for me and not my fussy toddler ;) haha
It is so so easy, I’m sure you will love it. I’d give your toddler a taste. You may be surprised. I think as long as he/she is willing to taste, that is all you can ask. xx
I like the quinoa pilaf idea…
Thanks Anne cxx
I love the sound of this dish but will probably have to make it with Beef, lamb is incredibly difficult to find here… The last time I was able to get it I had to buy one that was still bleating (I ‘kid’ you not)!
I think it would work well with beef. Still bleating – no! Now I feel sorry for the poor little lambs…
wow , looks so healthy!!