You may have seen this recipe a million times on the internet, but I couldn’t resist putting it on the blog for anyone who hasn’t. It is perfect for babies from 6 months old – and its delicious. My favourite topping is mango and passionfruit but use whatever fruit is in season.
It takes less than a minute to make and is great for breakfast, as a snack or a healthy dessert.
- 1/2 cup milk (I used full cream organic cows milk but you could use; almond milk, coconut milk, rice milk, etc)
- 2 tbls chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl - or even better a small mason jar that you can shake - cover and refrigerate
- Stir / shake again in a few minutes so it doesn't clump and again in about half an hour
- Leave to set for 4 hours or make the night before
- Stir once set to get rid of any lumps. Top with fruit and serve
Mango + Passionfruit. Berries, coconut, nuts and dried fruits, honey or maple Syrup, etc.
Omit the vanilla bean and add a tbls cocoa - yum!