Dinner ready in 10 minutes? Pasta al limone is for you….
But first… yes I finally did it. I moved us both to Florence Italy. My son H and I are both on this amazing Italian adventure. It has been just over two months and it still feels like a dream.
Food is my passion but I have an even greater love. Art.
It is the reason I’m here. I have dreamt of studying art in Florence Italy for so long but have never had the courage to do it – why didn’t I do it sooner!
The Italian people have welcomed us, we have both made friends in only a few short weeks, H is learning new Italian words at school everyday and I haven’t stopped smiling.
Life is good :)
So it’s only right to be sharing a simple Italian pasta dish for my first recipe here in Firenze. Pasta Al Limone.
All you really need is spaghetti, lemons and parmesan cheese. Everything else you will have on hand. You simply cook your spaghetti and toss it with the other ingredients and you are done. Simple, quick and delicious.
Pasta al Limone
- 400 grams spaghetti (or approx 100g per person)
- 2 small lemons ,zest + juice
- 80 grams butter ,softened at room temperature
- 80 grams parmesan cheese ,grated
- To granish: parsley, extra parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt and fresh black pepper
- Add spaghetti to a large pot of salted boiling water. Cook until it is just under done.
- Meanwhile, juice and zest your lemon, grate parmesean cheese, and roughtly chop parsley.
- Warm a second pot on the stove and once the pasta is ready. Using tongs place it in the warmed pan allowing some of the pasta water to drip in as well. Add the lemon and butter and stir for a minute or so until it becomes somewhat creamy, adding a little more pasta water if needed. Stir through parmesean until melted.
- Plate and top with parsley, more parmesan, a spash of olive oil and salt and pepper.
Be sure to check back in a few weeks for an Italy update and for more delicious Italian meals. I hope to post a little more regularly now that we are settled.
If you make my pasta al limone, be sure to take a picture and upload to Instagram with the hashtag #littlebigh. I’d love to see your creation. xx
Wow, that’s amazing. Good for you for following your dreams! The pasta sounds perfectly wonderful.
Thank you Andrea, it feels so good to be here :)
I am so jealous! I have always wanted to go to Italy. How wonderful it must be to have an opportunity to live there! I love how these simple few ingredients combine into a delicious combination. It is the perfect pasta meal for any night of the week.
Thank you lovely, you should most definitely visit, it’s such a beautiful part of the world.
This is truly my comfort meal. Love the Flavor of Lemon to this pasta and the Cheesy Parmesan is my favorite.
So comforting I agree.. especially now that it is getting a little chilly here!
Okay, moving to Italy sounds dreamy and equally dreamy is this delicious pasta made in 10 minutes. That’s my kind of meal!
It all feels like a very good dream Aimee :)
Sunrita | spiceitupp
Just reading through this recipe making me crave something simple and aromatic. Love this pasta!!
Thank you so very much Sunrita xx