I have a nice easy no cook recipe for you today. Raw peppermint power puff bars, made using puffed rice and amaranth, chia, goji, sunflower seeds, cocoa, honey and of course peppermint.
You simply mix all the ingredient together and press down into a baking dish to set in the fridge – easy. It will keep in the fridge a week or freeze for months. It won’t freeze super hard so you can enjoy straight from the freeze.
It’s also a super adaptable recipe so use whatever you have on hand. I make a tahini and rosewater version by omitting the cocoa and peppermint. Get creative…
Raw Peppermint Power Puff Bars
- 1 1/2 cups puffed rice
- 1 cup puffed amaranth
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey or your sweetener of choice
- 4 drops peppermint oil or to taste. I used doTERRA essential oil
- Line a 20x20 baking tin with baking paper. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the coconut oil and honey to a small saucepan and warm to melt the coconut oil. Add the peppermint oil.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well to combine. Add to your lined tin and press down with your hands so it is compacted. Use the back of a spoon to smooth over.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to set then slice into bars.
If you make my raw peppermint power puff bars, be sure to take a picture and upload to Instagram with the hashtag #littlebigh so I can check out your creation. xx