I have mentioned in previous posts that kids will to eat just about anything if you put it on a stick!
These lemony salt and pepper prawn skewers are no exception… H loved them and I loved that they were easy, effortless and ready in 15 minutes.
The prawns are sprinkled with a lemony salt and pepper mixture and cooked on the BBQ for a few minutes. You could add whatever herbs and spices you like. If serving as finger food the dressing is optional but does add an extra hit of lemony goodness. As a main serve alongside rice and roughly chopped mint.
Lemony Salt and Pepper Prawns
- 1/2 kg green king prawns, or as many as you like
- 1 tbsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly cracked, or to taste
- 1 lemon, zest only
For the lemon sesame dressing:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Soak skewers in water for 10 minutes minimum. Peel and devein the prawns, leaving the tails intact. Thread onto the skewers.
- Combine the salt, pepper and lemon zest in a small bowl and sprinkle over the prawns. Brush a BBQ or grill plate with olive oil and cook the prawns over hight heat until cooked through. A few minutes each side is perfect.
- Serve immediately drizzled with the lemon sesame dressing if using.
For the dressing:
- Combine all ingredients in a small jar and shake.
If you make my lemony salt and pepper skewers, be sure to take a picture and upload to Instagram with the hashtag #littlebigh so I can check out your creation. xx